Swag!




So a few weeks ago, pre-vacation, I got a fun little sawg bag from Cover Girl. I don't usually use their products personally or in my professional kit but did want to try em out. I've been using the primer, mascara and eye liners for about 2 weeks now and wanted to share my opinion of these products.



Primer: Olay Simply Ageless Primer -
Here is what they say:
"Introducing the three-minute facelift effect. Start with Simply Ageless Serum Primer. The advanced formula with Olay Regenerist complex helps boost elasticity and smooth skin's appearance for a finish that looks instantly firmed. Then apply Simply Ageless Foundation to cover fine lines and wrinkles. Together, the results are simply amazing!"

Here is what I say:
I liked this product ok. It's light weight and goes on smooth. It's comparable to many other products on the market. It does have a creamier consistency than I prefer but it's not too sticky or slick. Personally I like it for everyday use, though I haven't seen a difference in my age yet (lol), but i doubt it'll replace my MUFE primer.


Lip Stains: 4 different colors
Here is what they say about the product:
"The water-based colorants of Outlast Lipstain give lips a beautiful, lightweight flush of color that won't come off, lasting for hours without the heavy look or feel of an ordinary lipstick. Its pen-like precision applicator makes it easy to define your lips-just draw on color without any hassle! "

My Opinion:
I really like these and I'm surprised by that! I wear them daily for a tint of color on my lips and I really like the staying power. They are more sheer and give my lips a "just ate a popcicle" kind of stain. Usually I layer them under other products to that as it wears I still have some color. I would like to see different packaging so that I could use it in my pro kit b/c right now the "marker like" tip won't do for sanitation reasons. I could always give it to my bridal clients but I still wouldn't be able to match their color first.

Eyeliner: Cover Girl Liquiline Blast in Black, Brown, Blue, Silver, Green & Violet.
Here is what they say about the product:
"With liquiline blast, you'll get all the intensity and staying power of a liquid with the ease and blendability of a waterproof pencil. Use the liner as-is for intense definition or smoke-it-out with the built-in smudger end for a subtle, smoky look."

My Opinion:
They really do work just like this. They have GREAT staying power, which is important when you have oily skin in the summer in South Louisiana. The pencil itself is soft but not to creamy and is true to color! The smudger is great for blending out the color and really will help to make a beautiful smoky eye.

Mascara: Lashblast Fusion Mascara
Here is what they say about the product:
"Experience COVERGIRL's first ever volume + length mascara!
The fiberstretch formula and oversized brush make every little lash bigger, fuller, longer -looking and more dramatic."

My Opinion:
LOVE THIS. I never thought I'd say that about a Cover Girl product but this mascara really does make my lashes look longer and curve them up. I just did a little comparison between it and my Dior Show Mascara and liked the Lashblast BETTER!

 

Contact Us

info@verdebeautystudio.com
225.341.2722
5855 Government St. Baton Rouge, LA 70806

About Us

Verde is a full service private salon offering On Location hair and makeup services! We love what we do and hope to share our love of beauty with our clients.

Follow Us

Follow Verde Beauty Studio